- Munchkenna is now three months and tries to do situps. She can sit (supported) by herself, but prefers to be held (facing out to take in the wonders of the world).
- I'm getting really good at bouncing Munchkenna to sleep in my own particular way.
- Munchkin is now 2 years old. Some days, she acts every bit of it. In honor of her two year old birthday, her binkies sailed away like a dirigible on a pink balloon with white polka dots that was about 2.5 feet in diameter. I hope that some other baby finds them so that I don't become a liar.
- Munchkin talked about birthday cake on an almost daily basis for at least a month.
- Munchkin is trying to comprehend that not every birthday party is for her.
- I turned 30.
- Wifey threw a surprise 30th birthday party for me two weeks early, so I was surprised. It was fun to see a lot of past and present friends.
- I now own an iPhone and an iPad.
- I've frivolously lost many hours of sleep by playing with my iPhone.
- I joined Instagram (jawkneew8, if you want to join me there).
- I work at a job I don't love.
- I work at a job I don't hate. I just have been getting dumped on recently, which is never a good thing. Such is life as the low man on the totem pole.
- I cut down half a tree today that is older than I am. The other half will be cut down next Saturday when we have a truck to haul all the wood.
- I got sick.
- Wifey got sick.
- Both the girls got sick.
- We're all better now.
- I saw the final Harry Potter movie. It was just as good as I expected it to be.
- I gave a guest lecture at Boise State University in a technical editing class and loved every minute of it. I was able to do this last year as well, and was just as thoroughly pleased.
- I've felt a longing to write again.
- I've felt a longing to make music again.
- I've felt a longing to learn to draw.
- I'm addicted to The Singoff.
- I'm intrigued to see what the EP with Ben Folds and Sara Bareilles sounds like.
- I've bought Wifey a birthday present.
- I'm searching for a great dessert recipe for her birthday. I've made some contacts to see if I can't come up with something different and exciting.
- Some good friends from college are in the process of getting a divorce and I feel sorry for them.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
You Might Have Missed...
Since I have been so quiet here lately, I thought that I needed to stage a return. Instead of trying to relive all the events of the past three months, I decided just to give you some of the highlights. I can state the following happened during these months: