Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Bit of Validation

I recently put up a page on Facebook representing this blog. It was mainly because I was applying for a position that required some business Facebook use. If I created a page, I could legitimately say that I had done some promotion on Facebook for something besides myself.

A week or so ago, I got an email notification stating that someone liked the blog. A bit surprised (mainly because the name wasn't familiar), I went over to Facebook to investigate if I had any connections. There was no connection.

And even more surprising to me was the fact that there was not only one person, but three people with whom I've have no personal connection. It feels good to know that other people are interested in what I have to say, but more importantly, that you like what you see enough to claim it publicly.

So, to encourage some interaction, head on over to my Facebook page and let me know if there is something you want me to write about. This not only includes those three people who have publicly liked my page, but also anyone else who happens to post there. Or here in the comments, for that matter.

No comments: