Friday, November 12, 2010

Need a New Favorite Artist?

For those of you who know me well, you know that I don't advertise things unless I truly enjoy or believe in them. So here is an advertisement.

In case you are interested in finding a new favorite artist, I would encourage you to check out Brandi Carlile. She is a true musician who is very under-appreciated, in my opinion. She is great on her CDs, but she is even greater live. We have been to a couple of shows by her, and enjoyed them both immensely.

If you don't care to take my word, take a moment to watch Austin City Limits this Saturday (Nov 13). Showtimes vary depending on your locale, but you can find out when she is playing (and on what station) in your area here. I think I might have to tune in on Saturday night at 7:00 (or again at 10:00).

If you would prefer to hear some of her stuff without running elsewhere, take a peek at some of my favorites.

The Story



Turpentine



Dying Day



The Heartache Can Wait



Now that you have had a taste, tune in.

No comments: