Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Something Is in the Air

Last night I woke up to the moanings of Munchkin. I was in the middle of a dream that was quite entertaining, and I secretly hoped that I could re-enter the dream once I sleepily slid back into bed. Let me know if you have any interpretations on it.

I was in my parents' house looking at their split level staircase. I was getting ready for my wedding at my parents house—well, it was being pitched to me as my wedding. It seemed more like a wedding reenactment than my actual wedding. I was standing there waiting to get my tux, but all the males from my wife's family (father, brother, brothers-in-law, uncles, and cousins) were processing up and down the stairs while giving me advice. My father-in-law was holding Munchkin as he walked (which was part of the reason why I knew that it wasn't my real wedding that I was preparing for).

As they all talked and walked, I realized that my tux was hanging off the railing at the top of the staircase. The group tried to get me to climb into my tux while it was still hanging there. I caught on that this was a sneaky way of trying to kill me, thus leaving Wifey free to escape my clutches and not to marry me. I told them all that I needed to use the restroom so that the crowd would disperse.

They all left out the front door, and I went to retrieve my tux. When I touched it, I was transported into a car that was in an urban area of a city about the size of Portland. As I was driving along, time froze, but my car was still moving. I swerved to avoid a couple of frozen cars, but ended up having to pull over into a parking spot so that I didn't cause any accidents should time unfreeze.

As I got out of the car, I noticed a strange cloud pulsating in the sky. The cloud looked very cosmic, much like the pictures you see of nebulae. I started walking towards it, and after a few steps, I was hovering inside the nebula in space. I realized that the nebula was sentient, and it was recreating representations of Earth for me to try to recreate my life. I wasn't sure why this smart cosmic dust cloud decided to be doing all of this for me, but I started to try to communicate with the cloud.

Then Munchkin woke me.

I know$mdash;I have CRAZY (in all caps) dreams. But this is the first one I have had that stayed with me in a while. Any thoughts? If it is an omen that I am going to get a job, please let me know.

Update: And how does that fit in with this article I found today? ACK!

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

Sounds like you are going to be a millionaire in the NEAR future!

Kathy McIntosh said...

How wonderful that you have and recall such a fun dream (well, maybe not the relations' antics with the tux).
I agree that it means money is coming your way. But who/what is Munchkin? We used to have a wonderful dog named Munchkin.

Johnny said...

I like the sound of money coming our way. I am frequently able to recall my dreams in vivid detail—in fact, Wifey generally asks me to do something else while I am recounting my dreams because they take so long. I am learning to condense.

Munchkin is our 15 month-old-daughter.