Friday, April 8, 2011

My New Hobby

Flipping through my Google Reader the other day, I ran across this site with some pretty darn cool photography. I like taking pictures just as much as the next amateur photographer, and some of these were pretty fun. How can you go wrong playing with toys and chronicling your journeys through pictures.

I can remember as a kid spending time creating elaborate stories based solely around my action figures. I guess if I had written them down, they would now be known as fan fiction. The Ninja Turtles were always spending time running around on the haystack. The G.I. Joe tiger boat was know to take infrequent rides down the canal (infrequent only because the boat didn't float all that well).

When there weren't action figures to be had, I spent my time climbing in trees and imagining myself and friends somewhere else, whether that was in space, on another continent, or just down the road at someone else's house.

I guess some of that continues today, but is driven more by the books I read and the movies I watch. Instead of an amazing space odyssey, I spend my time thinking of having endless hours to pour over books or take courses on things that interest me at the time.

I'm a bit of a dreamer, yes. But I'm working on being more of a doer than a dreamer. Dreams are great and all, but you need to have some action to back them up. So, while I might not actually pick up my new hobby, I will probably end up remembering it some time when Munchkin has her toys strewn across the back yard and snap some photos. If I remember, I'll put up some pics.

3 comments:

Lana said...

Great visuals from the adventures of the toys. I remember the GI Joe tiger boat.

Lana said...

I'm back again. I loved the website and forwarded it to Jakob because he enjoys stuff like that. Thanks.

Johnny said...

My pleasure. I saw that there were a few video game characters in there that he might like. Of course, the ones I recognized were more from my era than his...