Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Down, None to Go

After returning from a much-needed vacation this past weekend, I headed in to Boise to have a final interview. I was expecting to just have two people in the interview, but both of the previous interviewers had time to sneak in. That was a welcome surprise. It sure makes it easier to be relaxed in an interview (not that I was really nervous) when you already know a few faces that are going to be there.

I think it went well. I was asked to provide my references to the manager, and learned that the writing test that I recently took removed one more candidate from the running. That is one less person that I need to worry about. I know that there are three others that needed to be interviewed after me, but beyond that, I can't tell you anything. They told me that they would let me know either way by the end of this week (if all the planets align).  The decision must be harder than they anticipated to make sure that a cosmic event coincides with their decision to hire me. But if that is what it takes, so be it.

With that said, I felt quite comfortable in the interview. In fact, I caught myself thinking that the interviewer was really my boss. It just seemed natural that we were all coworkers and that we were talking about a project. It might be a sign. Or it might be wishful thinking.

Only time will tell. And when time tells (or a cosmic event), I'll let you all know.

No comments: